[WATCH] Tyler Glenn – “Trash”

When one of your favorite voices in music decides to spring a solo project on you out of nowhere, you listen! Neon Trees frontman Tyler Glenn is embarking on new journey while the band is on a hiatus and I don’t think the world is ready…but we are!

With an album out later this year, Glenn has released first single, “Trash,” – a track that takes listeners inside the depths of the singer’s crisis of faith while being an openly gay man in the Mormon church as he reclaims independence. If the track gets you ready to fight back with him, wait until you see its video which features a frustrated Glenn making his way down a narrow hallway decorated with modified portraits of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) founder, Joseph Smith, painted by Glenn himself.

If anything, I’ve learned that 98% of the time, the God we are told to follow isn’t who God really is. The other 2%, I’m still not sure of. Hang in there, boo. We love you!

Check out the video for “Trash” below:

“Trash” is available now here.

Tina Roumeliotis

Tina Roumeliotis

Tina is the founding editor of The Daily Listening. She’s also a professional music nerd for BUZZNET. You’ll most likely find her where she finds most of her inspiration: introverting in her bedroom with her music collection and a pair of headphones.